"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong. Sometime in your life, you will have been all of these."
— Siddhārtha Gautama (Buddha)
— Siddhārtha Gautama (Buddha)
My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts as I sit to write something on this last day of 2010. I have never been a big believer in New Years Resolutions. If anything is something worth changing in your life then why wait for a special day? The changes I made in my life several years ago were not based on any particular day on the calendar. They were based, quite simply on my need to express my true nature. My nature is rooted in love.
I look back on this past year and ask myself if I have followed Buddha’s words of wisdom to the best of my abilities. This past year, I have lost my patience from time to time. I have said things to people I wish I could take back. I have been a little less tolerant than I should have been. However, when I look on the entire year as a whole, I feel that I have shared my love and compassion with everyone in my life. I have tried to be the best friend and father possible.
In looking forward to 2011 and beyond, I know I will express more compassion, be more tolerant, be more sympathetic and love a whole lot more than I did this past year. Thank you to all of my friends who have made this past year an amazing time in my life. Of course, it helps to have found a beautiful woman who inspires me every day. This woman has helped me to realize that if you do give unconditional love, it will come back to you in return.
Thank you, Sharon . I love you.
I hope all of you have an AWESOME New Year, full of Love, Laughter and amazing new Memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment